- Implementing the standard of safety as per OSHA standard.
- Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Inspecting the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Verifying that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promoting safe practices at the job site.
- Enforcing safety guidelines.
- Training and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducting investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reporting to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducting job hazard analyses.
- Establishing safety standards and policies as needed.
- Performing emergency response drills.
- Watching out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Responding to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinating registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Serving as the link between state and local agencies and contractors.
- Receiving reports from and responds to orders issued by Labor inspectors.
- Arranging for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Any other task assigned by the management
Certificate in OHSA, NEBOSH
Bachelor / Master's degree in Engineering