- Serves as focal point for the execution of most Purchase Orders, Long Term Agreements and contracts. Coordinates internally and externally with all departments at all levels to ensure on-time delivery of error-free products and/or services.
- Monitors metrics and supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement. Regularly evaluates quality and performance benchmarks and the risks associated with the suppliers.
- Responsible for management of the overall supplier relationship and supplier performance for quality, cost, delivery, service.
- Encourages and coordinates early supplier involvement in materials, equipment, or services using the suppliers’ expertise to optimize quality and cost.
- Works with the IHCC Technical Services Team to develop the preferred supplier base for materials, equipment, or services.
- Executes IHCC procurement and inventory control strategy (e.g., JIT, supplier consignment). Leads purchasing team to assist in the research, development, and implementation of solutions to supply issues.
- Represents procurement on a cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) that focuses on strategic supply challenges, and to ensure internal/external customer needs are satisfied.
- Heavy Industrial Manufacturing and/or Construction
- Commitment to Task
- Problem Solving
- 4-6 years of directly applicable project management, procurement and/or Supply-Chain management experience.
- Ability to participate on a cross-functional IPT team with Project Management, manufacturing, engineering, QA/QC as well as p
BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field of discipline or equivalent experience. MBA desirable.