The Procurement Technical Engineer will be the company’s technical expert for suppliers in the discipline for which they are hired. IHCC is looking for Procurement Technical Engineers in four disciplines:
He will report to the Procurement Manager and have a matrix role to the Chief Architect and will be the primary Purchasing representative of a cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT). He will work with external suppliers, project management, estimating, manufacturing, engineering, QA/QC to provide Materials, Equipment and/or Services to support each project’s goals to improve the project’s cost, delivery, quality, and lead time. This individual will need to interact with most levels of management within IHCC and the supply base, including suppliers’ GM, VP and owners/executives.
- Handles all suppliers RFIs and technical queries to identify and resolve design/technical problems of performance, strength, material selection, finishes, cost, and quality.
- Participates with multi-functional commodity team members in supply base strategy, rationalization and management.
- Maintains awareness of supplier’s latest technology and low-cost design approaches and provides guidance to architecture & engineering for new designs
- Participates in the training and development of lower level engineers. May coordinate the technical work of engineers, technicians, designers/drafters, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Interacts with Architecture/engineering to provide guidance in representing supplier capabilities.
- Encourages and coordinates early supplier involvement in materials, equipment, or services using the suppliers’ expertise to optimize quality and cost.
- Represents procurement on a cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) that focuses on strategic supply challenges, and to ensure internal/external customer needs are satisfied
- Heavy Industrial Manufacturing and/or Construction
- Commitment to Task
- Problem Solving
- Supplier Management / Procurement
- Project Management
- Blue Print and Specifications
- Materials Scheduling
- Production Delivery and Shortage Management
Structural, MEP, Design or Interior Engineer
BSE in Engineering or related field of discipline or equivalent experience