The Procurement Quality Engineer will manage quality improvement activities with preferred suppliers. Measure and coordinate with suppliers to reduce nonconformities. Represent Quality in the supplier rationalization and selection process. Ensure product defect levels meet or exceed client goals. Create and track trends using supplier quality metrics. Drive change, remove barriers, show a bias for action. Facilitate use of six-sigma tools for problem solving. Establish continuous quality improvement as way of life within partnering suppliers. Interacts with most levels of management within IHCC and the supply base.
He will report to the Procurement Manager and have a matrix role to the IHCC Quality Manager and participate in cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT). He will work with external suppliers, project management, estimating, project management, engineering, design to provide Materials, Equipment and/or Services to support each project’s goals to improve the project’s cost, delivery, quality, and lead time. This individual will need to interact with most levels of management within IHCC and the supply base, including suppliers’ GM, VP and owners/executives.
- Participates with multi-functional commodity team members in supply base strategy, rationalization and management.
- Lead quality system audits with IHCC supply base as required.
- Facilitate quality improvement with suppliers. Create, analyze, and make decisions with metrics to achieve supplier quality improvement.
- Supplier Quality System compliance: Must ensure that the selected suppliers is fully audited and may require on-site assessments completed in accordance with all client specification requirements.
- Initiate supplier quality approvals, first-article-inspections of new products and supplier corrective actions requests (SCAR) as necessary.
- Ensure supplier capabilities meet regulatory/contractual requirements
- Heavy Industrial Manufacturing and/or Construction
- Commitment to Task
- Problem Solving
- Supplier Management / Procurement
- Project Management
- Blue Print and Specifications
- Materials Specifications
- Construction Quality Management
Procurement Quality Engineer
BSE in Engineering or related field of discipline or equivalent experience