Design Capabilities, Presentation Output, Prior Work Experience, Rendering and Visualization Skills, Experience in Conceptual Interior Design and Architectural Working Drawings, Written and Verbal English Communication Skills.
- Interior designer should review and study architectural drawings.
- In coordination with the Design Manager, the Interior Designer's duties also include planning and designing interior spaces.
- Meet with the client to determine factors affecting planning interior spaces, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Advise on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, and color coordination.
- Prepare all interior architectural working drawings including furniture plans, dimension plans, wall elevations, wall schedules, floor patterns, reflected ceiling plans, blow up details, furniture design book, finishing design book and sanitary design book.
- Confer with engineers and the Projects Architect on overall program.
- Select and estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Formulate design plan to be practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
- Select or design furnishings and select fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, and other related items.
- Should have market knowledge for availability of materials.
- Render design ideas in the form of diagrams, drawings, and 3D models.
- Advise Technical coordinator to ensure the design specifications in the Shop Drawings for the contractors, and to produce detailed drawings and finishing schedules from which estimates can be made.
- Visit site to ensure compliance with specifications, approve quality of materials and work, and advise contractors.
- Maintain digital files including archiving and backing up files.
8 years in comparable role
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design